by Lyn Packer
Sometimes life whacks you 'round the head and you feel yourself spinning. Then you take a deep breath and look again; and it's what you do at that moment that determines everything else that will follow.
Sometimes life whacks you 'round the head and you feel yourself spinning. Everything suddenly looks upside down and round the wrong way. Then you take a deep breath and look again; and it's what you do at that moment that determines everything else that will follow.
Just last week we learnt that my Mum has terminal lung cancer; the doctors say it is too far advanced to do anything and all they can do is make her end as easy as possible. Then today I learnt that one of my brother's in law also has a tumor in his stomach. We don't know more than that at the moment and are waiting for them to do more tests etc. I thought I was coping okay with Mum's news but add today's news to it and I feel now like my world has been definitely shaken. Neither of them are Christians so there is not just life but eternal life at stake here.
So the facts are screaming very loudly and I have to make a choice to allow or not allow the facts to set the tone for how I handle things. It would be very easy to give in to feelings and allow them to overwhelm me but I know now is the time to begin to war with the weapons of truth and praise. So what is the truth in this situation – what will be the decrees to come out of my mouth?
Will I get it right every minute and every day? Probably not, but I refuse to sit down and let the devil walk all over me and my family in this. He may have picked the fight and hoped the facts would cower me but I'm picking up the weapons of faith, decree and praise and He will be the one who wishes he'd never started this fight.
Maybe you're facing something similar and you're not sure how to get through it all. Why don't you deliberately choose to pick up the weapons of faith, decree and praise. Face the facts, like Abraham did (Rom 4:19-21), but don't let the devil steal your belief in God's bigness and ability to bring you through this triumphantly.
Does 'triumphant' mean everything will turn out exactly how you want it to? No, I can't guarantee that and God has not promised that but God will be with you through it all. God will not leave you or forsake you and He will prepare a table for you in the midst of your enemies, (Psa 23) a place of rest and trust; a place where you know His presence in ever increasing ways as you keep your heart and mind fixed on Him in the middle of the battle.
Below are some decrees based on the Word that I will be using and that may be a help to you, as well, in the situations you may be facing. Why not write your own set of decrees from Scriptures God gives you regarding your situation, because those are the ones that will cause faith to rise within you the most. Then begin to use them as a weapon of praise and decree and see yourself, like Abraham, grow strong in your faith as you give glory to God in the midst of the trial.
- God is far bigger than this situation and He has not been caught by surprise by it. Rev 1:8 Alpha & Omega Luke 1:37 For nothing is impossible with God
- If that is the case He already has a plan prepared for how to handle it all. Is 53:4-5 Matt 8:17 He (Jesus) took our infirmities and carried our diseases, by His wounds we are healed
- He has a destiny, plans and purposes for both Mum and my brother in law's lives and also for mine in this. Jer 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you says the Lord, plans for good and not for evil to give you a future and a hope.
- He loves to heal both physically, emotionally and spiritually. Acts 10:38 Jesus – Who went around doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil.
- He is well able to heal and nothing is too far beyond His ability, even when the doctors say it is terminal. Jer 32:27 I am the Lord, the God of all flesh. Is there anything to hard for me?
- God desires that no one perish but that they come to know Him. John 3:16,17 For God so loved the world he sent his only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.
- His promise is that I and my family will be saved. Acts 16:31 Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved, you and your household
- In this situation I will triumph and grow in Christ as I keep in faith and keep my eyes on Him. Heb10:35-36 (Amp) Do not therefore fling away your fearless confidence, for it carries a great and glorious compensation of reward. For you have need of steadfast patience and endurance, so that you may perform and fully accomplish the will of God and thus receive and carry away (and enjoy to the full) what is promised.