In The Midst Of Hard Times - Part 2
Articles - Christian Growth
by Lyn Packer
In the last article I looked at how we can sometimes worry about our situations and some of God's plans for them. We looked at the Holy Spirit and his role in releasing revelation to us and how God wants us to believe and pray.
Let's look at how we should pray and how we engage prophetic revelation in praying. Prayer isn't complicated but we do need faith in order to receive the answer to it. So how do we get that faith and the answers.
1. Ask! Faith comes by hearing the word of Christ (Rom 10:17) – no, that doesn't mean quoting scriptures; it means we need to ask to hear His word. This means that Jesus wants to give you a specific rhema word regarding your circumstances. A rhema word is a specific prophetic revelation word from Him, either from scripture or direct to your heart and mind, in spoken form or vision form. God speaks in many different ways.
2. Seek! Seek the Spirit of Truth – God promises that Holy Spirit will guide us into all truth. Seek him – ask Him to reveal truth to you regarding your circumstance. This is important because when Holy Spirit shows us truth then we know that we are praying God's will. And, if we ask anything according to His will He hears us and we know that we have what we have asked of Him (1 John 5:14)
3. Request! When we ask according to His revealed will He hears us and when we know He hears us we know we have what we have asked of Him. God has promised that if you will ask, seek and knock, according to His will, He will answer your prayers—and your joy will overflow! "Until now you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full." Jn 16:24
4. Believe! See! Believe that you have received – what you have seen or heard Him say. Believe His word to you but not only that, believe in advance of the answers manifestation, that you have received it, because of rhema His word to you. That's seeing with the eyes of faith.
5. Stand! Stay in that place of faith, that place of agreement with what God has said and who He is. The devil will try and lure you out of that place of agreement, don't come out! Declare who God is in the face of that temptation to move into doubt, worry and unbelief. Stand firm until your answer manifests.
We are called to walk in the Spirit not in the flesh. The devil will try and get us to go into human reasoning, speculation, doubt and questioning which will lead to unbelief if we give in.
The world is in turmoil but we can know the reality of living from a place above the turmoil, a place of trust and rest, a place of seeing from Christ's perspective; a place where we are in Christ and therefore all our troubles are in him. And, He is not the least worried about them, He knows His plan for them and the answers He wants to release into those situations.
Scripture encourages us many times to be of good courage. God knows what tomorrow will bring and already has it sorted! Never doubt that God has good plans for your future. Check out this verse which I also found in the article by Bobby Conner which I mentioned earlier -"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." -Jer 29:11. The Hebrew word translated "thoughts" is machashabah –it's a wonderful word that means "devices, plans, purposes and inventions"! Wow, God is constantly inventing wonderful victories for you in His Spirit. He is planning lavish blessings for you so you may be a blessing to others. He longs to love you extravagantly, imparting to you the knowledge of Himself and the future He holds for you and your loved ones, for the unsaved and His Church...for in Him are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge (Col 2:3)."
God has a glorious future planned for you and for the world. His plan is that heaven would be released into earth through your life. You have been given the effective working power of the Godhead in your prayers. Your prayers have the power to reshape culture and bring it into line with God's kingdom purposes and to change your world dramatically for God's glory.